Welcome to my Blog, I'm excited you are joining us tonight!! We are all looking forward to have you join us to help celebrate here at SCRAP-FRIENDZY 2nd Birthday!! All you have to do is leave a comment on each blog that you hop to! Every time you leave a comment you will be put in a drawing to win a awesome prize, packed with scrap goodies! -Also... each blog you hop to will offer you a challenge! Each challenge will have a Friendz Pointz value. Complete the challenge, upload your project into our Gallery and link it in the appropriate thread in the forum to earn your FPZ! (Remember, the girlfriend that earns the most FPZ in October will win a huuuuge prize package AND be featured as our Girlfriend Of The Month!!)
If this is your first time you are just joining us, you still have plenty of time to work on any of the challenges, they are not due until October, 31st.
You also still have time until Saturday night to leave a comment on each blog to have your name entered into the drawing for the awesome prize package of Scrap Goodies!!
Its not to late, just start blog hopping to each blog and be amazed at everyone's awesome, and creative challenges!! Here's their link: http://www.scrap-friendzy.blogspot.com/
Here's tonight's Blog Hop challenge #8!
Are you ready to Party?!! I have a party hat decoration to add more fun to your party tables!! The only criteria for this challenge is that you must use some bling, some ribbon, and any kind of ribbon paper, or silk, ect!
This challenge is worth 30 Friendz pointz!
The first one is using 8x11 paper and the second one is using 12x12 paper!
To create each party hat you need to use heavy cardstock or thin cardboard paper as your base for your hat. The first hat is a wider and shorter hat and the 2nd one is taller and skinnier! I wanted to show you 2 ways you can shape you hat and decorate the hat! When you are shaping your hat you want to make a cone! ( I found it was easier to add my papers to the hat before I made the cone shape.) The easiest way I did this was to grab the 2 corners of your paper and move them together in a cone shape. You can adjust the shape to the desired cone which would be the top of your hat and then staple in the middle and bottom of the hat. Then once you have the desired shape I would staple the back as much as you can in as many areas to help the cone to keep its shape and for durability once you add your papers and embellishments. For the area that the stapler may not reach I added the glue dots and that worked great! Now before you add the rest of your embellishments after you only have your paper on you will need to trim the bottom of you hat so it will stand up straight. Then add the color of paper (if you have not added your back ground color already) to the cone and start adding the rest of your embellishments and ribbon! To make the sign I added the words celebrate from chipboad to a piece of cardboard and pianted the back ground. Then I attached the card board to a popsicle stick with glue dots. If the top of your cone hole is to wide then I added some styrofoam and poked the stick in the styorfoam to keep the sign upright. You can also add glue dots and adhere to the inside of the top of the cone. Now your hat is completed and ready for a party!!
I hope you enjoyed this challenge and I look forward to seeing everyone's creations!!
Happy Scrapping!!
OMG these are so super cute!! I love them!
ReplyDeleteThese are just sooo cute! That would work for sure with all the girls in our family!
ReplyDeleteSooo cute!!! Can't wait to try to make one!
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to make one of these forever!! Yours are soooo cute! Great challenge!
ReplyDeleteWow...so cute!
ReplyDeleteThey are super sweet!
ReplyDeleteHow cute!!! Great challenge! :)
ReplyDeletereally cute challenge!
ReplyDeleteGreat Challenge! How cute!
ReplyDeleteHugs & Happy Days!
Min
Those are soooo cute! Fun challenge!
ReplyDeleteVery cute and such a fun challenge!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your project and the challenge sounds interesting!
ReplyDeleteCute!
ReplyDeleteCute project!
ReplyDeleteOh my this is awesome!!! =)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun and easy project. very nice!
ReplyDeleteWhat little princess wouldn't LOVE to wear that hat and pretend to be cinderella - very cute idea!
ReplyDelete