Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sketch LO Challenge Altering Chipboard!

                                                Happy Tuesday!
 I thought I was not going to be back until Wednesday now I will be back Thursday morning after today's post! I have a fun Halloween treat bag I painted!
I joined in on a sketch challenge at A to Z Scraplets they are a chipboard company from Australia! They have some amazing and intricate chipboard! I joined in on a challenge back in August and I was one of the 3 winners! I won some of their chipboard! The title I used for my LO
 I adore you is one of the pieces I won! The other 3 pieces I used I bought from their store online! 
Since I'm on the DT team at Creative Inspirations Paints I had to use some more of the paints to play with! After I embossed the butterfly I used the Chocolate for the base color and added the Denium color to the swirls.
I used the same Chocloate color for the branch, and the Denium on the bird.
After the bird dried I added a light coat of glossy accents. For the flowers I used Lavender, and Tanzanite paint colors. The glitter I used on the leaves I used Replendence Emerald. For the chipboard border over the lace I used embossing powder Platinum.
The title I wanted to distress it and make it look old. I painted the base Beige color and then I added Crackle accents by Ranger. You cant see some of the fine cracks in the chipboard below under the LO but you can see some of the areas that the crackle accents bubbled up. I used a heat gun later to add texture to the title and this is one of my favorites ways to use crackle accents for texture on chipboard! After the crackled accents dried I went over the area with a dry brush and a little bit of Chocolate color paint to add some more color. You can see this in the picture below!

                                        
For the paper I used Echo Park and for the treasure and beauty tickets I used Webster Pages. The two plain tickets below left hand corner are from my stash. The flower is by Prima I also added a little bit of Beige color paint to some of the petals. The leaves and lace are from my stash. For the small hexagon stencil I used in the lower and upper left hand corners I added some ink not to dark just for a little color. I wanted to use some modeling texture paste but I ran out of time. I really love the A to Z Scraplets chipboard and had a lot of fun altering them!  Below you can see some close ups of all the chipboard embellishments I altered!





To learn more about A to Z Scraplets here is the link to the store they have such a huge variety of chipboard!!                              http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.com.au



To add some more fun to the border chipboard I added some rolled up pieces of paper and wrapped it around the border.

 
I'm praying and thinking about everyone who is dealing with the aftermath of the Hurricane on the East Coast! So sad to see what so many people are having to go through with what was done from this storm!

Thank you for visiting!
Have a blessed day!!

8 comments:

  1. I just love all the detail! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly is wonderful! Love the texture and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors, the butterfly, the flowers and that bird!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! I love the butterfly and how you did the title. So many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous !! michelle i love all the beautiful details with the chipboard and flowers that you have added!! Ellie looks just adorable in this pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, I love all the elements! Chipboard is my favourite! I may have just got some A-Z Scraplets chippies myself! hehehe

    Love the bird and flowers on the branch!

    ReplyDelete