I wanted to share with you all my 1st. Acrylic large Scrapbook project!! The only other acrylic items I have created were two tags!!
I created this acrylic home decor project to add to our built in shelves in our living room!
I used the butterflies from a acrylic ClearScraps photo album.
For the embossing on the butterflies I used the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.
I then added some Purple Twilight Tim Holtz Alcohol ink on the back side of the butterflies. I also added some of this ink to the entire outside edges!
After the alcohol ink was dry I used the Krylon 18KT. Gold leafing pen over the embossed swirls on the front of the acrylic.
To finish the project I added the Webster's Pages flowers and outline the leaves with stickles!
I really enjoyed working on this project but it was challenging!!
It took me 3 days to get a picture that would show all of the gold on the embossed swirls.
I had issues with lighting and with glares!
I'm amazed after creating this home decor project how versatile the acrylic is!!
If you have never tried creating with acrylic I encourage you to give it a try!!
I had a lot of fun and look forward to creating and trying another project with the acrylic again one day!
Have you created or tried a challenging project lately?
I would love to hear all about it!!
Have a blessed weekend!!
Oh this is just beautiful Shell, I love the gorgeous flowers, you are so lucky to have a little girl who would love all these beautiful creations you make. I am sorry I have had a little hickup this week, I had to call the ambulance Thursday morn, my back got put out believe it or not from coughing, I went to the Hospital and had a little stay, got tested thoroughly and it is my sciatica nerve, all is mending but laying low. Melxx
ReplyDeleteWow...this is a great project.
ReplyDeletethis is so beautiful love this home decor project the butterfly looks just gorgeous love how u have used acrylic to create this the flowers are fab too.
ReplyDeletevery bful
ReplyDeleteWowwwwwwwwwwwww! That is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeleteOh wow, this is soooo pretty. I love the acrylic and all the techniques you used. And those two big flowers in the middle are great. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOH WOW, This is gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the gold swirls, and the pretty flowers!
SO effective!!!
OMG! This is STUNNING!!
ReplyDelete